Bill of Particulars
A Bill of Particulars is another legal document prepared by our New York
City personal injury attorneys at Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C.
This document explains your injuries, medical bills and lost earnings,
and also sets out more fully the details of the accident and how the defendant
is responsible for your injuries.
At this time, the defendant will usually ask you to produce the following
items (or authorizations to obtain these items):
- Employment authorizations for W2's
- If you were self-employed, copies of tax returns, or authorizations for
the defendant to obtain your tax returns
- Your insurance information for private medical insurance, disability, Workers’
Compensation, or unions, and sometimes for Medicare and Medicaid
- The full names and addresses of any witnesses, including eye-witnesses,
people who came to your aid after the accident, or people who knew about
the condition that caused your accident
- Bills for medical care, medical supplies, transportation, home health care,
child care, and property damage, if applicable
- Photographs of injuries, the site of the accident, the condition that caused
the accident, the vehicles involved or vehicle damage, if applicable.
- Names and addresses of your medical care providers, including doctors,
physical therapists, and hospitals and authorizations for the defendant
to obtain their records
Make sure you are prepared at this stage of the legal process.
Call Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. at (855) 295-4737
or fill out an
online case evaluation form.